Happy Friday. I hope everyone had a productive week and is ready to recharge for the weekend. I think we all have things we say ” all the time”, things that we become known for saying. I thought I would keep things light and share some of my “sawhill-isms”. Things I learned and adopted as my personal code from an early age in marketing and sales.
- Be kind and respectful to everyone. The intern today could be the CEO who hires you in 10 years.
- You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Look your best, show up on time and be prepared-always!
- Do business with people, who do business with you. Whenever possible I like to return the loyalty and buy goods and services from my clients. I just believe with my whole heart is the right thing to do.
- Do everything with a smile. Dealing with people can be tough some days. Handling every situation, both good and not so good with a smile, will keep things moving forward in a positive direction.
- Do the hard things. Most people get tired, lazy and bored- they will give up. Send the thank you notes, remember birthday’s and anniversaries, pick up the phone or drive over, offer assistance and ideas with out expecting anything in return to your best customers (that comes back to you 10x), actually listen, with your ears and heart-you will learn so much.
I will continue to share my “sawhill-isms” and I would love to hear some of yours. Have a great weekend!